Tuesday, February 11, 2014

5366 Week 5 Reflection

For me this course was a last minute replacement to my curriculum. I had already taken ILD training and needed a replacement course so this is what they put me in. Despite the change up, I was impressed with the information provided in this course. I found the acronym for a graphic layout quite humorous, but catchy. It provided a good reminder for how to create good layouts for the website. I found myself evaluating other sites or graphics I would see as a reference for ideas for how I could better implement the principles.

As a future administrator, I think this course provided some powerful tools that can be beneficial throughout my career. Ten years ago I never would have imagined I would be taking classes without stepping onto a campus at all. Now, it almost has become the norm, and it will be interesting where technology takes us in the future. This course provided resources that I believe can help school districts not only implementation of technology in the classroom, but as an administrative resource as well. The ability to generate documents or websites and share them among specified users to edit and revise is a very beneficial tool. It made the entire process of group work much easier and beneficial because everyone had constant access to the space and could make changes at their convenience instead of having to set predetermined work times. I also liked the feature of turning on email updates so I could be notified when changes were made to the document or website.

Today more and more information is being provided online, and eventually I believe it will be the basis for every educational institution. It is important as a future administrator to make sure the district is constantly adapting itself so it can function in a digital world. School websites have become very common, some districts even require or provide teacher pages, however, eventually all teachers material will be completely online as we move into the future with technology. We are becoming a society dependent on instant feedback, and I believe education will follow suit, it just may come a little late.

No comments:

Post a Comment